General English course – intensive one-to-one tuition
One-to-one home tuition is an extremely effective way to develop your language skills in a short period of time. You will be impressed at just how quickly your confidence grows as your English language skills improve, when you’re immersed in real-life situations and interactions within our friendly environment.
You can choose to have 15, 20, 25 or 30 lessons per week with your teacher, Joan (each lesson lasts 60 minutes). In addition, you will be given between one and two hours’ work each day to prepare for the next day’s lessons.
On the first day, you will be given a level assessment, a listening comprehension and your oral fluency will be assessed. Joan will then design a Personal Study Plan with you to fulfil your objectives by making the most effective use of your lesson time. Out of lessons you will have the opportunity to practise what you have learnt.
Hours per Week
Select 15, 20, 25 or 30 lessons per week
Minimum 1 week
- You progress more when in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Choose 3, 4, 5 or 6 lessons per day.
- Choose your starting dates – every Sunday throughout the year.
- If you have a friend or a colleague whose standard of English and needs are similar to your own, two or three students can share the lessons for a considerably reduced cost.
|9.00 – 10.00||10.00 – 11.00||11.00 – 12.00||Lunch||13.00 – 14.00||PM / Evening|
|Sunday||Student arrives during the day|
|Monday||Level Assessment and Personal Study Plan. Initial needs analysis||Communication activities and grammar||Speaking and fluency practice||Project discussion and preparation||Visiting the local area
|Tuesday||Reading and grammar||Pronunciation practice||Listening practice||Project preparation||Excursion
|Wednesday||Topic and grammar||Social English||Writing activities||Reading and vocabulary development||Sightseeing
|Thursday||Writing and grammar||Pronunciation practice||Listening practice||Reading and vocabulary development||Excursion
|Friday||Speaking and discussion||Listening practice||Social English||Project presentation||Sightseeing|
Included on the course
The course is exceptional value for money and includes:
- 15-30 60 minute one-to-one lessons with Joan
- Diagnostic test on arrival and Personal Study Plan design
- Use of books and course materials and student ID card
- Full-board accommodation with your own comfortable study bedroom and private bathroom
- Use of course materials and a Dulwich English “Personal Language Organiser” to keep
- End of course report including recommendations for future study
- Two afternoon excursions per week (entry fees not included)
- Free wifi.
How to enrol
To book this course or ask for more information, please contact us.